Monday, October 8, 2007

DID IT!!!

The Sock From Hell is finally cast on. In fact, I have about three rows on the sticks. Once it looks a little less like awful, I will put some pictures up. I don't really have anything else fun or useful or exciting to tell you guys, but I had to share this with somebody. At eleven last night I actually had it really started, and sent a text to Mom and Kate, as Jim would probably promptly cease to love me if I were to wake him up to show him one row of stitches on a bunch of needles. He's just not a knitter, but maybe one day he'll understand it. Menfolk can be trained, y'know?

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Yay you! Now you are over the worst bit!

Georgie said...

*applause* Well done Em! RR is right, those first half dozen rows are the worst. You go girl!

Donna Lee said...

Keep going. You can do it. Think how much you will enjoy these socks when they are done. I can't wait until you get to the heel...