Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Short one...

...because I'm trying to wean myself off the Dilaudid I've been one for five or six weeks now, and it's not a fun process at all. I'm trying to hang in there, waiting to hear from my doctor's office to see if there are any tips or tricks that they know to help make the transition off the meds easier. I'm a lot less sore these days, and rather more mobile, but that's offset by the lovely headaches, the vomiting and intestinal complaints, and the charming depression and ennui I'm dealing with. Needless to say, I'm not at my very best. Thankfully, I have Jim to pat my hair while I'm throwing up two out of three meals (i'm sticking to liquids now, makes things less painful), and to make me Jello so that I can feel like I'm eating real food when I'm ravenous and to give me a kick in the ass and make me walk sometimes. What I really, really want, is to get to the part of this that's easy. I'm beginning to suspect that there is no easy part, even though the end of my recovery period is finally in sight (i go back to work august 8th. i will be off the narcotics, i will be moving like i used to. somehow...).

Anyway, my darlings, that's all I have for you today. I haven't been online much lately, so I thought I'd let you know I'm still hanging on.

6 comments:

Roxie said...

Blessing on your un-broken heart. Does the doc know that you can't hold down your meals? This is IMPORTANT information for him. You are NOT supposed to tough it out through such things. There ARE other drugs in the world. Call him RIGHT NOW!!

Ok. Sorry. You are an adult and perfectly capable of managing this without my interference. I'm out of line. But what the heck are you THINKING? CALL HIM!!!

Rose Red said...

Thinking of you lovey, lots of hugs. And good advice from Roxie - you don't have to be tough all the time. Hugs xx

Galad said...

Roxie is right - the doctor does need to know what is going on. They probably could give you a pain med that is a step down to ease the process. It might take longer but not be so awful.

Hang in there!

Bells said...

Glad you're still hanging on. It can't be easy at all. xo

Dianne said...

Ugh. I hope you're feeling better by now. Gentle hugs to you.

Monique said...

Only just picked up this post and it was written 6 days ago. where have I been. Hope you are feeling better and have spoken to your doctor about sorting your meds. Hang in there. The corner is nigh