Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This is so much less creepy than myspace....

...which is why I've picked up a blog over here. Myspace is still an interesting way to keep track of what few friends I have left there who blog, but this is so much less creepy than saying I have a myspace page.

So, this is me. I'm Emily, and I live in southern New Jersey. I went to college for a year at Albright, and I loved it. I ran out of money after my third semester, and now I'm back at home, working full time as a parts-sales manager at one of my local Autozones and hating every minute of it. Evenutally, I will have enough money to put myself through the rest of college and law school, and then look out, world.

I'm a recent convert to knitting, and I'm learning a lot about patience, and why it's not okay to swear when you're knitting something for a newborn. I joined the Tour de France knitalong, and am using it as a kick in the rear to finish a blanket for a friend who's having a baby. It's a fun project, and I managed to get about four rows (perhaps two inches) done last night before bed. I didn't have to close my store today, so I'm hoping to get quite a bit more done, assuming I don't run out of yarn. I may not have enough to finish this lovely blanket, which would probably cause me to cry. Darn it, I knew i should've knitted a swatch.

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

Anything that teaches patience can't be a bad thing. Don't worry, my paduan learner, you'll be a jedi knitter one day.

Kate said...

Knit good karma, Em. Use the force. Midichlorians in every stitch.

...No. If you start trying to turn your knitting projects into jedi, I'll have to smack you.

Knit stylish! We Woods are good for that.

Bells said...

hey Emily - welcome to blogland!

Looking forward to seeing your work. And I SO agree about myspace!