Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quick Li'l Update...

...because, aside from the shiny, new job, there's not much going on. The shiny new job is going well, though, for which I am grateful. I started Tuesday rather than Monday because there was a bit of chaos going on, but the extra day off suited me just fine. I love my shift, I get to sleep in and I'm still done at a reasonable hour. The lovely HR lady took me on a whirlwind tour of the facilities (the warehouse has rolls of bubble wrap bigger than me! i was considering removing one) and to meet everyone, whose names I promptly forgot.

Yesterday I got the basic training for the computer programs, and today I was listening to calls. I think they could tell I was getting a bit antsy, though, because I ended up taking calls for the second half of today. Normally, new hires listen in on phone calls without participating for at least two or three days before they go live on the phones. My regular supervisor and my night supervisor (i get two because my shift falls right between theirs. they're both pretty decent dudes, near as i can tell) both told me I did a good job, so perhaps there's hope for me. Maybe all those years of crappy customer service jobs were good for something, after all.

You know, I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow. I know that the happy shiny feeling will wear off soon. But I also know that I can be as happy here as I can be doing customer service. The company is good, the people are awesome (i laughed more at work today than i had in the last week), and the products are things I can sell with a clear conscience. Really, it's a good setup. I hope that the last couple of days of your week go by smoothly, and that you get to laugh with your boss a couple of times in there.

6 comments:

Monique said...

Great great great news. It is a good feeling to wake up and go to work with a spring in your step.

Donna Lee said...

Since my 'boss' is losing her job, not too sure how many laughs there will be with her. However, you know how we deal with stress and adversity in the Wood family. We laugh at it.

Alien spine baby? Ha!

Roxie said...

Yayyy for the new job! Savor that shiny-new feeling. Sounds like you are just flying already!

Rose Red said...

Nice!! So glad it's going well, that's fantastic.

Galad said...

Enjoy the new job and the laughter.

Bells said...

lovely for you! Work can be crap. You don't need that.