Monday, September 21, 2009

Writing Sample...

I'm applying for a different position at work. We have what's called a web forum liaison position open. Basically, I would be reading and posting on major Mustang forums, as well as answering technical questions and trying to resolve any issues that people are discussing on the boards. It sounds like an interesting, fun job. And it requires writing, which is something I love to do. The problem is, I need a writing sample. I was thinking of just linking to my blog, but many of my more recent posts have been unpleasantly whiny. Still, I feel like the blog is a good example of my narrative voice, and it gives a great sense of my casual writing style. So, I had a brain storm. If any particular post, however recent or remote, has stuck with you, let me know. You don't have to link to it, I can wander through the archives. But I'd like to offer up a bit of memorable writing for this interview, something different or funny or even dramatic or sad. But really, something that resonated. I would love some feedback, and some suggestions. Meanwhile, I'm going to root through my old college essays and see what I can find that might work.

In other news, my family and my aunts are gathering on Sunday to remember my grandmother. I'm looking forward to the family time, and to the chance to learn about woman who, if Momolla is any indication, was probably pretty neat. I hope your week goes by quickly and smoothly, and that you get a taste of our sunshine.

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oh that's exciting!
I think the posts you've written about your parents have been excellent.

Donna Lee said...

Good luck sweetie. I think it sounds like just the job for you.

Galad said...

I loved the blog you wrote about Jim but maybe too personal for this. I looked back through your old posts but some of the best were about your health struggles. Again maybe more personal than what you want to share with your employer.

I know you will come up with something that finds the right balance. Good luck with the new position!

Kate said...

I really liked the post about the leggy blonde at the movie theatre, but so much of what you write is wonderful, it's hard to pick one or two that really stand out.