Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm the Punchline...

...the joke being, there are no test results. Why? Because there is no test. So, gentle readers, I am giving you another quick update to let you know that I still, two months into this thing, do not know what is going on. I have another early-morning appointment in the city tomorrow, so that I can schedule another, bigger, better biopsy. I swear, I'm not so much a person any more as I am a lab animal. I'd flesh this out a little more, but I'm so damned angry right now that none of it would be fair or right or even readable. But to wait a month for results from a test, only to find out that there is no test? Even my patience has limits. I want to scream and break things and kick small animals and push children off of playground equipment and steal old ladies' purses and pop people's tires. Instead, I'm going to New Jersey to visit a friend who's in the US on leave who I see only a time or two every year. In the morning, I'll talk to my surgeon and be rational, patient, and friendly again. But if, in the mean time, you hear something explode or see a little red-haired person on the news with a headline about arson, well, don't be too surprised.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

You have got to be freakin' kidding. How about I come up there and open up a big old can of Whoop Ass all over those doctors? I am so sorry you have to go through this. Grrrrrr.

Galad said...

Do you need to get the physician who offered to help you involved? He, at least, speaks "doctor" and could advocate for you.

In the meantime, if you decide to open that can of Whoop Ass - I'm in.

teabird said...

Utterly, totally, completely ridiculous.
Unbelievable.
Etc.

Rose Red said...

Gah! What's going on? Geez, I don't blame you for being angry. Hope you get some answers soon. Make sure you take some nice soft yarn with you everywhere. Pet the pretty yarn, sooth the angry feelings...maybe.

Monique said...

OMG em. I can't believe that this has happened. You have every right to be very stressed and very angry. Try to stay calm and not hurt anyone. Did the little book arrive? Soak in some of that and my fingers crossed that tomorrow is a better day.

Roxie said...

How could there be no test? Whoop ass? Hell, I'd release the zombies on 'em - except that obviously the people responsible don't HAVE brains! Damn! And on CSI they get the test results within two minutes! There is no justice!! (Roxie pounds on the sofa, screams with rage and scares hell out of the cats.)