Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just an Any Old Kind of Day...

...that's what today was, and it was glorious. Jim's dad came up to help with the yard some today and they tilled and clipped and deliberated and got some of the ground ready for my happy little vegetable seedlings. I actually managed to plant my strawberries today, it was such a fabulous day and I was feeling pretty spry. Granted, now I'm feeling pretty tired, but it was worth it. I've been using the pain meds less and less frequently, which is a good sign. I still walk like an old lady, all hunched over and slow, but I can walk now. I keep trying to forget that this was the little surgery and that after the big one, Ima be in some serious trouble. Just behaving myself over the last couple of days has been tough.

I'm officially on leave from work now, and I've been living like a house cat (my goal for my next life, coming back as a kitty. they really have it good), just eating and napping and having Jim see to my every whim and desire. I have to say, it doesn't suck. At all. My new goal may be to become a kept woman, hehe. The only down side to this is that the government doesn't offer any assistance to people who have any kind of short term disability (less than a year) or who aren't expected to die from their issues. Gotta love the government and all those silly rule things... So we're being pretty frugal here. I could've gone back to work for about two days, but the extra stress and drama are so not worth it to me. Besides, I do occasionally work with machinery, and me on meds and machinery do not mix at all well. Me on meds and anything isn't really a good mix, but that can't be helped.

Thank you all again for the good wishes, and the hugs and warmth. I should have some test results this week, hopefully by Friday at the latest, and I will let you all know. Jim has indeed been amazing, and it makes me smile to tell him that other people agree with me. All the care and tenderness and sweetness are just second-nature to him, at least when it comes to me. I couldn't ask for a better partner, truly. He amazes me every day.

And now, dear friends, I think it's time for me to go. I feel another nap coming on.

7 comments:

Galad said...

Naps are good, Naps are healing - sleep, sleep. . .

Glad you aren't pushing to try to go back to work for just a couple of days. That hardly seems worth it.

Rose Red said...

sounds like a lovely day, nap and all (I do love a nap, I just got up from one myself!).

Oh, and being a kept woman is pretty darn good too, if you can manage it!

Kate said...

I could definitely be a kept woman. Sounds pretty nice to me. I'm glad you got some playing in the dirt done--it's a very healing sort of playing, gardening is. And you need healing. Much love and warm wishes from everyone I know who matters.

Bells said...

Oh yes, apart from the whole being sick and having no income bit, I reckon being kept and cared for sounds just glorious. Enjoy it and get all the rest you can.xo

Roxie said...

Garden, sleep, laugh, sleep, take a gentle stroll around the yard, hug your darling man, sleep, sleep, repeat as needed. Good for you!

Dianne said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Naps are great - cats are much smarter than humans!

Donna Lee said...

Well, it sounds pretty good to me, that whole "being a kept woman" thing. I could get into that. Going to work today was tough. And to think, only 20 more years until I can retire....