That's right, two of these babies in one week! Pretty soon I'll be catching up to Momolla.
The meteors were lovely and inspiring, even though we only saw a few. It was still fun to pile into Jim's truck, drive out into the woods, and bond with him and Kate. And I was only slightly paranoid about crazy people weilding axes or chains or hooks or shotguns (pineys aren't--quite--extinct) and trying to separate me from my flesh. But all in all, it was still thrilling.
Jim and I are going on a dress-up date tonight, it should be lots of fun. There's something so nice about coming home from my grimy, icky job where looking like a girl just isn't practical and changing into something feminine and fun and putting on makeup. We'll probably just hit a generic chain Italian restaurant, but it'll be nice to have a real date together again. It's been a while since we've had one, and eternity and half since we've dressed up. Whee!
I'm still chugging along on that blanket, it keeps getting smaller and smaller. When I steal my camera back from Jim, I'll put some pictures up. It's so bright and happy and it really makes me smile. I found out that my boss, who I like more and more every day, is due in January, but probably having her baby in December (she's going to need a C-section, the poor woman!). She's having a girl, so I can go for the whole pastel thing, or maybe I'll find something bright and happy again. Hmm, decisions, decisions...
Anyway, off to put on a little black dress and some awesome shoes and remind my man how dazzling I can be when I choose. Here's hoping everyone's weekend goes well!
The meteors were lovely and inspiring, even though we only saw a few. It was still fun to pile into Jim's truck, drive out into the woods, and bond with him and Kate. And I was only slightly paranoid about crazy people weilding axes or chains or hooks or shotguns (pineys aren't--quite--extinct) and trying to separate me from my flesh. But all in all, it was still thrilling.
Jim and I are going on a dress-up date tonight, it should be lots of fun. There's something so nice about coming home from my grimy, icky job where looking like a girl just isn't practical and changing into something feminine and fun and putting on makeup. We'll probably just hit a generic chain Italian restaurant, but it'll be nice to have a real date together again. It's been a while since we've had one, and eternity and half since we've dressed up. Whee!
I'm still chugging along on that blanket, it keeps getting smaller and smaller. When I steal my camera back from Jim, I'll put some pictures up. It's so bright and happy and it really makes me smile. I found out that my boss, who I like more and more every day, is due in January, but probably having her baby in December (she's going to need a C-section, the poor woman!). She's having a girl, so I can go for the whole pastel thing, or maybe I'll find something bright and happy again. Hmm, decisions, decisions...
Anyway, off to put on a little black dress and some awesome shoes and remind my man how dazzling I can be when I choose. Here's hoping everyone's weekend goes well!
2 comments:
you are dazzling on an off day. And you should leave the poor pineys alone. They are lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Your blanket is really nice and will make a great baby gift. How about a nice easy little sweater or some booties for the boss baby?
yay for real dress-up dates! They get few and far between and take such a conscious effort so I really hope you guys ejoyed it.
Can't wait to see the blankie.
Post a Comment