Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Progress, of a Sort

Well, there are less boxes. There are still no pictures, because my darling Jim, when asked to get batteries for my camera, purchased them at the dollar store. Said batteries only lasted long enough to take one picture, and not a good one, at that. Ah, well. I will get some myself this weekend and then, I swear, post some pictures of the house and my knitting and all manner of other cool things. Momolla, not surprisingly, has beaten me to the punch with pictures. She's got a lovely picture of me (sarcasm there, i'm not exactly photogenic) and the potato soup I made for lunch on Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday, that's when my parents and Kate came for lunch and to see the house for the first time. I really do live in a nice neighborhood, and the house is pretty and warm and safe, which eased Mom's (and probably dad's) mind considerably. It was a lot of fun to cook for my family, and it was great to see then relax in my home. The novelty hasn't worn off yet, which is good, since there's still a lot to do in terms of painting and unpacking and generally making the house into a home. It's fun to do all this, but I think it'll be nice to finally be settled.

In fiber news, I'm working on my second bribe sock, and also on the Boss Baby Blanket. For that, I've sort of adapted the previously used baby blanket pattern, I've just added a second yarn over and a k2tog to the border. The theory is that this will make the edge a little more lacy and feminine. I'm not sure what it looks like yet, really, because I'm still only about an inch into it, so there's not much border to see yet. Also, I'm experimenting with spinning. The fiber fairie brought me a roving and a drop spindle for Christmas, and I'm having a lot of fun playing with it. Right now, I haven't had the courage to try the drop spindle yet, but I'm doing the roll-the-wool-over-your-leg thing. I can't promise pictures of this yet, as there's not much to show, but I will post some pictures of the roving.

And that's all she wrote, at least for tonight. Happy almost the weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Georgie said...

Very glad to hear that youre settling in, and, even better, happy!

And drop spindles arent really scary - just go for it!