Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mom's Meme

I don't normally do these, because I have a cousin who sends me dozens, but since Momolla tagged me, I kind of have to. One does not piss off the giver of yarn.


1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? Jim, who made me laugh so hard my stomach muscles are sore today.
2.What were you doing at 0800? complaining about how I absolutely did NOT want to get out of the warm bed and go to work.
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Taking a shower to wash the dye out of my hair
4. What happened to you in 2006? I turned 21, started pulling myself out of a depressed period, and I cried. A lot. Jim held me close and told me it would be okay. I slowly started to believe him. I learned to knit, and I started the first ugly scarf.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? "Oh, dear" in response to a joke Kate was telling me
6. How many beverages did you have today? I had some of a large coffee, some water out of my big work drink-holding thing, and a glass of milk with dinner
7. What color is your hairbrush? The one at home is light wood, the one at Jim's is dark.
8. What was the last thing you paid for? The coffee I mentioned a few questions ago.
9. Where were you last night? Mostly, I was at work.
10 What color is your front door? I do not personally have a front door, but the one here is just plain light wood.
11. Where do you keep your change? I put all my change in a receptacle which I refer to as the date jar. Jim has one, too. When they're full or we're bored, we trade them for bills at the bank and have a date.
12.What’s the weather like today? It was clear and about fifty-five degrees. In a word, perfect.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? That depends entirely on my mood, but Breyer's mint chocolate chip is my standard fallback.
14. What excites you? Books, instruments, a piece of really good chocolate, comments on my blog, doing something right, and Corvettes.
15. Do you want to cut your hair? When it bothers me, I have this crazy urge to shave it and just buy a bunch of wigs. Most of the time, though, I prefer to have long hair.
16. Are you over the age of 25? not quite yet
17. Do you talk a lot? How much is a lot? I love to talk, and to learn about other people and to tell stories and jokes. A lot is pretty much whenever I'm not reading or sleeping or listening to a book while I knit.
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Yup.
20. Do you make up your own words? On a regular basis. My job is especially good for that.
21. Are you a jealous person? I'd like to say no to that, so that's what we'll go with.
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Amy, who I have known since I was five.
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Kely, who I've known almost as long.
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? "Lover Man" (which is jim)
25. What does the last text message you received say? "The game is rather one-sided so far, sixteen to zero chargers. How's your dye look, great as always? Know any females with a size six foot that like boots?" --jim
26. Do you chew on your straw? No, but I do use it to stir my drink when I am agitated.
27. Do you have curly hair? Sadly, no. I have often wished I do, though.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Jim's place, shortly.
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? Any one of the many customers who come into my store.
30. What was the last thing you ate? I had some pot roast with veggies and gravy and homemade bread.
31. Will you get married in the future? I hope so, but probably not until I'm out of college, if not law school. One challenge at a time, eh?
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? I haven't seen a full movie in well over two weeks.
33. Is there anyone you like right now?Yup, many more than I could name here.
36. Did you cry today? No, but this made me tear up pretty good.
37. Why did you answer and post this? Because my Mom is a nice lady, and sometimes if I do what she tells me to, she gives me stuff! :-P
38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. Can I just open it up and let people who want to post it, post it?

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

Powerful link there. I admit that it made me get misty eyed as well. Sorry 2006 was so tough but you are resilient and will come through. There is support and love all around you.