Wednesday, November 7, 2007

More Pictures!

I'm posting more pictures because I promised I would, and I eventually keep my promises, and also to distract myself from the idiocy that is my company. So, in the interest of pretty yarn, here are some more pictures!

This is another shot of the blanket, artfully draped over the back of a chair. The colors are a little truer in this shot, and it gives you a better sense of the size of the blanket.
This is Maggie's scarf (maggie being the cousin i'm making it for), and oddly enough, this shot gives you a pretty good sample of all of the colors that are worked into the purple yarn. It's cheap novelty yarn and not at all fun to work with, but it will be soft and cuddly for Maggie, who is seven, and will probably love it. It's the Yarn Harlot's one-row scarf, same as the ugly scarf, and it's kind of interesting to see the difference yarn makes in the pattern.

And here we have the ugly scarf, which my lovely assistant has "artfully draped" over the back of the chair in a heap. As you can see, it's camoflage. It's big. And it's ugly. But it will keep my beloved's neck warm all winter.


Aaaand, a closeup shot! Yup, still ugly up close. But so many stitches! This is another one of the one-row scarves, and you can actually see the stitch definition and the texture on this one.


This is my lovely assistant, sort of, holding the bribe sock. Soft and pretty, almost time for the heel flap.
And here is a closer view of the sock. You can get a better sense of how all those pretty colors work out. It's kind of cool to see them in sections of stripes, usually only a couple of stitches and a couple of rows long. And did I mention it's soft and pretty?

And this has nothing to do with knitting, but I wanted to share it. This is a picture of me, my beloved Jim, and two of my oldest, dearest friends at our local diner. The gentleman on the far left trying hard to look fierce is Ashley, who is on his way back to Iraq right now, and who I worry and pray in my own way constantly for. The second gentleman is Jim, looking like such a redneck in his camouflage jacket. But hey, it'll match the scarf. The young lady farther back is Amy, who I have known since first grade (the same as ashley, we all went to school together. i like to tell people i knew these two before i knew how to read). She's a wonderful, talented, young woman, and I love her dearly. And then there's me, all the way on the end. Hi! The date of the photo is wrong, it was definitely taken this past Friday.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

I love the colour of the blankie. And the ugly scarf - not so ugly!!

So cool that you are still friends with people for so long!

Bells said...

I'm with RoseRed- not so ugly. I'm a big fan of the one row scarf and am yet to meet one i didn't like. You're being so productive! Love the sock. Keep up the good work. :-)

And I hope your friend keeps safe in Iraq. Scary stuff.

Donna Lee said...

It's so nice to have friends who have known you all your life and still like you. And you complained that we made you live in the same place all your life! Ashley takes all my prayers and good thoughts back with him. I worry.