Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fingers Crossed

Okay, we may or may not have found a house (trying not to jinx this one, too). At any rate, we've submitted our application for a house we rather like and are anxiously waiting to hear back, maybe as early as today. If we get this house, I will post a bunch of pictures, because I am very much in love with it. It's an old house, I think it might be a Victorian-style setup (my house history is woeful) but it's got stained glass windows and a chandelier and a Tiffany-style lamp and the original woodwork and oh, it's very pretty. It's also not quite as big as we'd thought, but we're already thinking of ways to handle that.

In other pleasant news, I've finished the ugly scarf. I even have a picture of Jim wearing it, which I will post as soon as I get my camera home again, probably tomorrow. I'm nearly finished my first bribe sock, but I've run into some slight difficulties--I dropped a stitch without realizing it about two inches back, so I have to pick that up and then I've only got a couple of inches of foot left before the toe. Yay for making progress!

So. Christmas is next week. I know, isn't that weird? I thought I had another couple of weeks to go. I haven't done any shopping, so it looks like this Friday when I get paid, it's time to brave the local shopping establishments. I actually like Christmas shopping, so this should be a good time. To simplify things and save ourselves a little money, Jim and I aren't exchanging gifts until Februaryish, so I really only have to shop for my parents and my sisters. Simplicity is pretty nice. Dad and I are shopping for Momolla tonight, so I can even do a little gift reconnaissance. Dad and I are doing really well this year, normally the shopping isn't done until Christmas Eve.

I start my new job tomorrow morning, and I'm a little nervous. I haven't started somewhere new in years. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

The house sounds lovely (I love old houses!). Good luck with getting it, and also with starting the new job - I'm sure it will be fine! And a third good luck for the Christmas shopping! Fortunately I've finished mine now...just for the wrapping (ugh!)