Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here we go again...

...time to keep looking at houses. Still, that's progress, and our realtor extraordinaire has diligently found us a bunch of promising looking places. I know she's doing her job and will make some nice cash off of us signing a lease, but this woman has been fantastic. When she pulled strings and helped us out to get the house in Gibertsville and we said, "gosh, no thanks," she didn't even bat an eyelash. She just said she wouldn't've been comfortable there, either. And she has never treated us like a bunch of kids, she's been friendly and helpful and just generally awesome. So yeah, if you guys know anybody moving to or from Pennsylvania, give Debby Singleton a call. She's awesome.

In other news, my last day at work is Tuesday, which is something to celebrate. I start the new one on Friday. It'll be an adventure, and a new challenge. I haven't had something different at work in years now, this should keep me on my toes.

I have two and a half pattern repeats of the Conwy done. Bells, I'll post some pictures for you as soon as I remember to bring my camera here (here being jim's place. conwy is my sneaky knitting, and it keeps me busy while jim watches football). The Conwy doesn't travel. The Conwy stays where it is comfortable and won't drop its stitches in protest. The Conwy is made much of and talked to in a soothing, gentle fashion. We have made a tentative peace with the Conwy...

Jim and I made empanadas tonight, they're one of the only foods I've taught Jim to make in almost three years (we're still working on french toast...). I think I'll post the recipe and some pictures the next time we make them, they're fun and quick and easy and cleanup's pretty easy, too. All good food qualities in my book.

Well, I'm out of energy and things to talk about, I think I should stop babbling now. I hope everyone's week goes smoothly, and I promise that the next few posts won't be so full of self-pity and general grumping as the last couple were.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Sounds a bit more promising! And a new job will be good - and can't wait to see the socks!!

Donna Lee said...

That's right, be gentle with the socks. Treat your socks right and they will take care of you.

Bells said...

ok now you're scaring me. Conwy sounds daunting if you're treating it that carefully. Should I be scared?

How're those fantales going?