Sunday, December 2, 2007

My computer ate my blog...

Well, it ate my entry. I walked away for five little minutes with a blog post nearly finished on the screen and when I came back, the damned thing had shut itself off. Piece of junk. But it gave me a reason to sit there and say, very seriously, "Make blog go!"

Having learned my lesson about applying to only one store, I applied to about five different Pep Boys locations near the place we're crossing our fingers and praying to live. I was expecting a call, maybe. I got three. Three different managers at three different stores want me to come in for interviews. I only go the chance to schedule one, but I'm going to make some phone calls in the morning and schedule the other two. Yay for possibilities! I'm secretly hoping I can take one full-time position at one store and then a part-time position at another. Lots of hours, but lots of dough, too. Less time for knitting, but I'll have more money to buy supplies with. Trade-offs...

We are submitting our applications and our credit information and such on Tuesday and if the landlord is agreeable, then we may be able to get a lease as early as the seventh. That's crazy to me, but it'll give us a little more wiggle room between moving in and Christmas.

Jim's here for dinner, time to go entertain him by making him watch me knit. I'm aiming to finish my cousin's scarf tonight. I realized I'm almost done and a finished object would make me feel good.

2 comments:

Rose Red said...

Make blog go - heh! I was all over that last night, except it was like "Make internet go". Sometimes I forget I had a life before blogging!!

Good luck for the job(s) and the place to live!

Georgie said...

Excellent news about the interviews - fingers crossed and good luck.

Looking forward to the FO scarf! I bet you'll be glad to see the end of it!