Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Free Pass...

...I totally forgot about a blog last night. And the way the day went, nothing I wrote would have come out well. And so, I am giving myself a pass on that entry. Like most other Blogtoberfest bloggers, I am running out of things to say. No, really. I can only do so many 'today I did this and then went here and it was awesome' blogs in a given month before even I start to get sick of them.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my new boss Jeff and the two owners of our company. I'm a little nervous, though the owners are only a couple of years older than me. It's a small company, but I haven't yet met either owner officially. The most contact I've had was to tease one guy for eating ramen at his desk (i told him he wasn't giving the rest of us much to aspire to. thankfully, he laughed). So, I'm a little anxious. We'll see how that goes.

Jim's birthday is this weekend, and it's always educational to see how differently he handles these things than I do. I start calling friends and family weeks in advance, and planning a menu and working on cleaning. Jim, on the other hand, calls a couple of guys a week or two before and whenever I mention food, shrugs and says that a couple of bags of chips will be fine. Now, I know that Jim is having his friends up, and it's not really my affair. But dammit, when there are people in my home for a party, they will be fed respectably. So I'm going to make sure there is some beer in the fridge (it'll be an all-night geekfest, so nobody is driving home 'til they've slept it off) and a crock pot full of meatballs and some other snacks to be had. I have this deep, dire compulsion to feed anyone who comes over. I think of it as harnessing my inner housewife.

I think that might be all I have to share with you all today, it's getting late and I'm pretty tired. Hopefully, I'll have something interesting to write for tomorrow.

In review:
--Man, I'm running out of things to talk about. Makes for lame blogging
--Meeting with the dudes who own our company tomorrow. Li'l nervous-making
--Jim sucks at birthdays. But he's cute, so I'll keep him
--I saw a mouse in the bedroom two nights ago (jim asked if i was sure it wasn't a bug. i pointed out that if there was a bug the size of a mouse in the bedroom, there would have been some screaming and flailing). It's game on, now...

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

Jim is funny...because a bug the size of a mouse is SO much better than a mouse!!!

Kate said...

I don't think it's your inner housewife. I think it's mom's influence. I have this urge to feed everyone around me if I know they aren't eating well or haven't eaten yet or whatever. Maybe it's just a maternal instinct.

Though, Patrick doesn't count. He can get up and get his own damn bowl of cereal.

Donna Lee said...

That sounds like Jim's kind of party! Meatballs in the crockpot (or chili, I know he likes chili) and beer and snacks. It sounds like something dad would love. Must be a guy thing.

Roxie said...

My birthday is the most festive, celebratory day of the entire year and I think I should be declared a universal holiday with fireworks and parades and world wide festivities. My beloved husband doesn't even notice when his birthday rolls around, and would rather I forgot it as well. As if that'll ever happen. I think you and Jim have worked out a good balance there. You indulge your instincts to celebrate with food, and he gets to hang with his buds. Win / win. You have a good relationship.

Peanutbutter used sparingly is good bait on mousetraps.