Sunday, October 4, 2009

Things That Make Me Happy

Because hey, it worked for Momolla, right? There are a lot of things that make me happy, and I'm sure I don't mention them as much as I should.

The way the house smells when I cook a real, balanced dinner makes me happy. I can't help but smile when I look at my handspun. The merino I'm working on now might just be too beautiful to part with, though I'm pretty sure it's going to be knitted into a gift.

The ridiculous height of the bed now that we have a good mattress makes me happy. Sure, I could break a rib if I fall off. But I have a real mattress. Mmmm, sleeping well. The way Jim tucks me in when he wakes up and gets out of bed before me makes me feel all warm and smooshy inside, especially when he thinks I'm still sleeping and does it, anyway. And the way he always kisses me goodbye before one of us goes somewhere is pretty neat, too.

Spending an hour on the phone with one of my Jersey Girls is a sure-fire way to lighten my mood. Calling Momolla to catch up is another way to make me grin. Talking to Dadumms is an extra bonus.

The stacks of books all over the house make me happy. Sure, they're clutter and they're in my way most of the time. But, well, they're books, and they are my true addiction. Likewise, the tote and basket full of yarn and fiber are pretty cool. Hand-knit socks make me happy like no other knitted good can, though the satisfaction of finishing a project with my own two little hands is a pretty great feeling.

Blogging, and all the friends I have made through the wonders of the internet, are also pretty damn cool. I get to see and share slices of all your lives, and without this awesome system of tubes and gnomes and magic, I'd never have met any of you.

And also, chocolate makes me happy. So does jogging up the stairs when I forget something, and only being a little winded (well, okay, kinda winded). Not waking up and feeling sore and tender is also pretty awesome. Being able to move and breathe and feel like me, well, that probably makes me happiest of all.

5 comments:

Rose Red said...

What a great list of things that make you happy! Reading them makes me happy too!

Bells said...

i love this list of things, especially the tucking in bit. So very very lovely!

i have not had chocolate since I started weight watchers. Two months. I just realised. WOW!

Donna Lee said...

It's important to take stock once in a while. Reminding yourself that there are good things all around (a miracle in every square inch!) is important.

Reading your blog makes me happy.

Roxie said...

He tucks you in? How dear!

The "Not waking up" thing sort of worries me. How about, "Waking up and not feeling sore . . ." Waking up is a good thing. I rejoice with you!!

Galad said...

Feeling like yourself again - that's something to be very happy about!